Cannes Film Festival 2021 with designer EMAN ALAJLAN
Talented and creative designer Eman Alajlan from Saudi Arabia. Her gorgeous dresses graced the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival this year.
– Eman, it’s your first time in Cannes. What are your feelings about the festival?
It is the beginning of more success and achievements.
– Your dresses were presented on the red carpet by beautiful top models. Why do you think they chose to wear your dresses?
Because we have relation together from a long time.
– A few words about your acquaintance with the top model Mahlagha Jaberi, which presents by you on the cover of our magazine.
Because we have known each other and have been collaborating for a long time.
– How was your brand born? How did it all start?
I started from scratch, when I was 14 years old I started sewing my own clothes. Now I have a team, it consists of 47 people.
– What is the symbol of your brand?
It is a mix of the alphabet letter “E” from the first letter of my name Eman.
– What ideas do you have and what inspires you to create new dresses?
I am looking for elegant and modern creations at the same time.
– In your opinion, how did Covid-19 change the World of Couture?
I think the world of couture will focus more on sustainable fashion. Also, I think Covid-19 changed our ideas on how to do fashion shows .
– What are your favourite fabrics and colors for your creations?
The fabrics colors vary between natural colors. l like to use taffeta, jacquard, muslin, lace fabrics in my designs.
– What are your plans for the near future?
I am planning to make “Eman Alajlan” one of the best haute couture brands.
– Do you plan to come next year to the Cannes Film Festival?
Interview Angela Donava